Great Britain is undisputedly an important trading partner and business location for German and other European companies and will remain so after Brexit. Therefore, in an increasingly global and internationally intertwined business world, it is important for HR managers with responsibility for employees in the UK to have their finger on the pulse of UK employment law developments.
What should HR managers know about British employment law and the differences to German law? What are the key features of UK employment law which impact HR management? What are the employment law risks in connection with Brexit?
Join our London office partner – Roger James – for an informative breakfast briefing on Thursday, November 29th, 2018 in Berlin and learn more about issues companies with employees in the UK need to consider.
Topics will include:
- Who to consult with in the absence of Works Councils?
- Dealing with sickness, performance and misconduct – similarities and differences to German law
- Redundancies – when can an employer terminate and what are the costs and process?
- Brexit update – the impact for employers
- UK legislation update – Gender Pay Reporting and new UK Corporate Governance Code
- Q & A session – ask the questions you want answered on UK employment law
Speaker: Roger James // Partner at Ogletree Deakins – London.